As an integral part of the Body-Life function at Good Gifts City Church, Prayer Ministry occurs in various forms and flows from diverse platforms.
It is patterned from the Apostle Paul’s exhortation in Ephesians 6:18:
“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”
The Prayer Ministry falls under the two categories of Personal Prayer and Corporate Prayer:
Opportunities to receive personal prayer exist at:
• Weekly Service
• Life Group Meetings
• Pastoral Visits and Counselling Sessions
• Various Training/Equipping events throughout the year
• “The Healing Place” (see tab under ‘Ministries’ for more information)
The main platforms for this are:
• Pre-Service Prayer: 10 minutes before the weekly Service, the congregation unite in prayer, to invite the Lord’s presence and to prayer for those who are serving.
• “Power Up”: In this regular prayer-segment during the Service, the congregation break into small groups to pray targeted prayers that encourage Body-Life prayer.
• “Cells@Prayer” Every 4th Friday of the month. 8pm at Mt Olives.
• “Love Singapore Morning Prayer” Meeting. This is held on the 4th Wednesday of each month at Kum Yan Methodist Church, from 6.30am to 8.30am.